Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's "Time" for pete Rose to be let back into the game he loves!



Career Statistics

Games: 3,562
At Bats: 14,053
Runs: 2,165
Hits: 4,256
Doubles: 746
Triples: 135
Home Runs: 160
Walks: 1,143
Strike Outs: 1,143
Batting Average: 0.303


And, BTW ... this was without steroids!

And, oh yes ...

- Rookie of the Year - 1963
- Won 3 National League batting titles (1968, 1969, 1973)
- World Series MVP - 1975
- Most hits by any player ... ever!
- All told, he set 34 Major and National League records
- Played more than 150 games a year in 17 seasons (an all-time record)
- Had a 44 game hitting streak back in 1978
- He played every infield and outfield position during his career and managed the Cincinnati Reds for five years

His latest statements to ESPN ... "I bet on my team every night. ... I didn't bet on my team four nights a week … I bet on my team to win every night because I love my team, I believe in my team. I did everything in my power every night to win that game."

He lived and succeeded in pursuing the American Dream. And for that, he was banned from baseball for life.



The "Real" Captain America ... and he doesn't only live in comic books!


When will the politically correct Nazis in America be shipped to Dubai along with the corporate offices of Haliburton and the National pastime welcome back its most ardent fan and player?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters