Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert was a giant ... personally and professionally ...

Tim Russert as I will always remember him


Tim Russert was the one commentator whom I most associated with Sunday morning. He surely did revolutionize Sunday morning television and he did so much more besides.

Of interest perhaps to a couple of you is that he reminded me more of my brother, Richard in Connecticut, than any other television performer on the air reminded me of him or anyone else, for that matter.

Besides looking very much like Richard, he--like my brother--was a political junkie of the first order and a brilliant mind as regards political matters ... and seemingly almost anything else newsworthy.

Only fifty-eight ... so young ...

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Russert was the gold standard on Sunday morning. In 1991 Tim turned around a failing format. Sad, sad weekend.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Without question. But then, now maybe I'll get to church on Sunday mornings for awhile ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters