Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's still a "Dream Ticket" ... IMHO!

Today's Perception (picture borrowed from Lisa's Caricatures)


My brother Richard in Connecticut insists that his damnable copy of Keys to the White House tells him (and everyone else who reads KTTWH) that the Democrats will win in November no matter who is on the ticket with Barack Obama. But I totally disagree with young Richard. If Obama thinks he can just let the back-and-forth jousting between himself and Hillary continue into the General Election campaign by promising Hillary Clinton a stale dinner roll in the form of, say, a leading role in his fight for Universal Health Care--and even a chocolate-covered bagel is just another table scrap--and try to pass that off as a generous attempt at "fence building," he will turn my brother's favorite read, Keys to the White House into just another uninteresting--and also out-of-date--book title.

Meaning: the race in November would then be tighter than Hillary's pantsuits rather than the landslide I envision if he chooses her as his running mate.

Just ask yourself: What could John McCain do to one-upsmanship that? Hillary already has done her part by sending her closest supporters a warm e-mail today that buried the hatchet in advance of Saturday's speech. It said in part:

"On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans. I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party’s nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise."

And, no matter what Obama decides to do as regards the Vice-president slot on the Democratic ticket ... SHE WILL deliver on that promise!

But it will carry far greater weight with her on the ticket.

Yesterday's Reality ... and Tomorrow's Dream Team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters