Sunday, November 11, 2007

My brother Richard in Connecticut reminds me of my own mortality ... and just what "moolah" is all about!


Mary Lillian Ellison in Life


Not too many of you remember the Fabulous Moolah" (Mary Lillian Ellison to her children, grandchildren and five former husbands), but she was one of those folks who truly "lived until she died." My brother sent me an article from the New York Times announcing her death at 84 and somehow knew that I was one of the few who enjoyed TV wrestling and other such "sports" prior to politics having taken over the Boob Tube. I guess she was a regular at Madison Square Garden, but what occurs to me is that even George W. Bush can take a lesson from this lady.

Who wouldn't pay a hundred and a half to see Donald Rumsfeld come behind George W. Bush (both dressed in the manner of Rudy Giuliani), jump up, put both legs around his head and then throw him forward to the mat? (That's called a flying head scissors to you non-fans of TV wrestling) Or who wouldn't pay a C-note to watch George W. get Rummy by his golden curls and pull him/her over his shoulder, then slam him to the mat as hard he can? (That's called a flying mare!)

So long, Ms. Ellison; you will live on in the hearts of those of us who watched television wrestling in its heyday.



Mary Lillian Ellison in Death ... a "reality" in plastic

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Rich Ryan said...

Your blog is the best. The one I check daily, even on Sundays, like NOW! Love you Bro...

Richard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters