Monday, April 30, 2007

We don't hafta remember everything, do we?

For those of us on the sunny side of seventy years old, there's some good/bad news out there. Whether it's Alzheimer's or just the garden variety neorodegenerative sort of decay that has been ongoing between my ears for some years now, some crazy mice at MIT are threatening to uncover all of those suppressed memories I have of the "lost" years between about the time I was zero and (maybe) fifteen or so.

The news comes from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Picower Institute of Learning and Memory and apparently, the drugs that are discussed in the (linked-to) article are in use and available now; thus, this will all come to fruition quite soon.

Hmmm ... I might yet be capable of remembering what it was exactly that my brother, Richard from Connecticut, was trying to tell me before the 2004 elections that made me think that George W. Bush was the unheralded genius of our times. Better yet, I might yet recall the proof (papers lost, of course) to my Master's Thesis assertion that there are more residues than non-residues in certain runs within specific arithmetic progressions; e.g., 4m + 3 versus 4m + 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters