Sunday, January 07, 2007

I think my brother Richard in Connecticut is right about that letter written by Senator Reid and House Speaker Pelosi ...



By now you have all read the letter to Mr. Bush written by Senator Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (both above) relating to their unhappiness about the likely surge to be announced on Wednesday or Thursday. If they had written the letter as a personal opinion of two Americans, I would have little concern. However, they are writing the letter in a manner and tone that suggests that it reflects (1) the American people's opinion as reflected in the midterm elections and (2) the sense of Congress on the issue -- an issue which is and should be made by the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces (Mr. Bush).

I too am generally opposed to the "surge" but am only a concerned American with an opinion. I don't know all of the "facts" as regards the situation on the ground in Iraq and I certainly don't speak for the American people or Congress.

My brother is right on as regards the tone of the letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters